The most effective way to improve your skating
A controlled environment with no distractions is one of the key factors needed to break through old habits and build a solid foundation of proper skating habits that will then be applied to practice and game situations.
With a private session all the work and instruction is customized for the skaters own unique needs.
Building good habits with careful skill and drill progressions allows the player not only to improve but maintain the improvement by ensuring the repetitions are done correctly.
Once a skater can put together the difference between how something feels versus how it actually looks great progress can be made.
All videos done on sessions are then emailed to the skater for home viewing and study to help bridge the gap between sessions and keep the skater thinking about the previous sessions work. See some examples here.
- All sessions instructed by Paul Matheson or Victor Polowy
- Ice time is private, there will be no other skaters on the ice
- All sessions will be at Allandale Recreation Centre or Holly Recreation Centre
- Opportunities for puck handling to be combined with skating development if appropriate
- Full equipment is optional but encouraged. Helmets, gloves, and sticks are mandatory
- If putting together a group, keep the skater’s levels as close as possible for maximum results, please also keep in mind the smaller the group the better for video analysis and personal attention
- Times will be booked based on first come, first served, with last year’s skaters getting first right of refusal for their previous year’s times. After that priority will be given to skaters that wish to book consistent weekly times, followed by those that wish to book sessions one at a time or in smaller time frames.
- Please keep in mind that I will do my best to accommodate specific time requests, but due to the limited ice available it is very difficult to accommodate everyone’s specific requests.
Fall / Winter / Spring
September 12th 2022 to April 7th 2023
- Mondays: 7:30am-10:00am (HOLLY) 11:30am-3:30pm (ALLANDALE)
- Tuesdays: 7:30am – 12:00pm (HOLLY)
- Wednesdays: 7:30am-10:00am (HOLLY) 11:30am-3:30pm (ALLANDALE)
- Thursdays: 7:45am-9:45am (HOLLY) 11:30am-3:30pm (ALLANDALE)
Please note that I am not able to rent ice evenings or weekends due to ice contract I rent ice through.
30 Minute Option
- One skater for 30 mins = $100+hst
- Two – Three skaters for 30 mins = $120+hst(divided by players)
45 Minute Option
- One skater for 45 mins = $150+hst
- Two – Three skaters for 45 mins = $180+hst(divided by players)
60 Minute Option
- One skater for one hour = $200+hst
- Two – Three skaters for one hour = $240+hst(divided by players)
- July 3 2023 to Aug 18 2023, these sessions are open to players of any age and level
- Mondays: 6:30am-9am 1:15pm-5pm
- Tuesdays: 6:30am-9am 1:15pm-5pm
- Wednesdays: 6:30am-9am 1:15pm-5pm
- Thursdays: 6:30am-9am 1:15pm-5pm
Small group Jr/Pro Skates will be held Monday Thru Thursday in the afternoons. To qualify for these sessions players need to have played college, junior, or pro this past season, or be a AAA player of the 2008 birth year or older (AA for female players).
Please note that due to limited ice during the summer months this is all that is available to me
30 Minute Option (players born 2009 and younger)
- One skater for 30 mins = $160+hst
- Two skaters for 30 mins = $80+hst/player
- Three skaters for 30 mins = $60+hst/player
- Four skaters for 30 mins = $50+hst/player
45 Minute Option (players born 2008 and older)
- Six skaters for 45 minutes = $55/player+hst
Please note that the higher summer price is due to increased summer ice cost.
- All prices include instruction and ice time.
- Payment is due prior to July 3.